The convenience the Internet brings is no secret to anyone reading this list, but for people like me, ex-pats living abroad, being able to buy any books, music, and computer equipment from my computer, with only a slightly longer delay than if I lived in the U.S., is just wonderful. While the Blair Witch Project is in the theaters here, I've got it on DVD from the States.
I think back to what Japan was like when I arrived, in 1992 -- someone would find a small store that stocked import food, maybe Pringles or M&M's, and all the foreigners would rush over and buy everything they could -- a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos was worth more than its weight in gold to foreigners in Japan back then. Now that Japan's markets have opened, partially as a result of pressure from the U.S. government, there are far more foods and products from the U.S. here. It's good to see the change.
We've got a fine update for you tonight, just in time for the weekend. First and foremost, we've started carrying Licca-chan (Rika-chan) fashion dolls on J-List, starting with the very lovely Kimono series. These are very nice fashion dolls by Takara, designed to be more petite than American dolls, with Japanese girls in mind. After Christmas, when we gave my daughter a Licca-chan doll and some accessories, my wife and I have wanted to carry them on J-List and evangelize Licca-chan to J-List customers ever since. See them on the Anime & Toys page.
Other new items include:
- New magazines, including the new Gal's Dee, Milky Dolls, and a new monthly, Ai shite ageru (I'll Love You)
- New official Pokemon cards, in English, as well as our full-deck sets of Japanese cards, all in stock
- New items on the deluxe S&M & fetish book page, including a lovely bondage book featuring some of J-List's most popular idols
- A healthy update of our popular adult manga, on the hentai manga page, with a half-dozen new additions
- The new DVD & Video CD Soft Catalog, a great magazine with two full VCDs and nearly 2 hours of sampler footage
- For fans of our "reserve subscriptions, two additions: Colorful Manpukusei (the first monthly hentai manga magazine with all-CG content) and Shojo Kakimei (erotic manga for women) -- see them on Reserve Magazines page 2.
We've also got stock of the popular Yellows CD ROM series, through which Japanese photographer Akira Gomi documents the female nude body. We've got new stock of Yellows 2.0, Yellows 20 Years Old, and for people who want to see American women through the eyes of the Japanese, Americans 1.0 (see all on the CD ROMs page).