As the Japanese recession continues, I've noticed a definite trend in Japanese companies trying to turn their businesses around by emulating successful U.S. companies. Just as U.S. companies scrambled to copy the best of Japan's business practices in the 80's and early 90's (the Saturn company is a great example of this), Japanese companies are trying things the other way around. Seibu Department Stores have formed a cross-pollination alliance with Nordstorm, as they try to teach the "Nordy" method of customer service to their employees, while all manner of companies scramble to adapt e-business models to the Japanese markets.
One area of the Japanese economy that's doing well is beer, which is booming along nicely. Kirin has even knocked rival Asahi out of the lead, garnering 40.2 percent of the market to Asahi's 40.0 percent. In addition to the major brands like Kirin Lager and Asahi Super Dry, the Japanese beer market thrives on seasonal "limited run" beers like Sapporo's Winter Tale, Kirin's Spring has Come beer, and short-lived brands like Asahi First Lady (beer for ladies) and Super Malt (beer made from hops, and not partially from rice, as all other Japanese beers are). If you're interested in seeing some beer commercials, check out CM-Watch at http://www.cm-watch.com (newly updated).
Tonight's update is a nice one, with many great new items for you, including:
- Great new issues of Japan's most popular magazines, including the new Gokuh and Bejean -- the latter of which has a great appearance by the lovely Kanazawa Bunko
- New photobooks, including a great new leg fetish photobook, and more copies of the long-lost Kuroda Mirei first (bust 95 cm) photobook
- On the S&M photobook page, we've got new gouba-bon format books, including more copies of Traditional Bondage in Japan and the Deluxe Female Urine Book
- Some great single-issue copies of PC Angel, on the hentai manga page
- For fans of the excellent DVD & Video CD Soft Catalog, a sampler 2-Video CD & magazine set, the new issue is posted on the CD ROMs page
- On the in-stock videos page (page 1), a great new 60-minute cos-play (costume playing) video by the lovely Chinatsu Yui
- Finally, a great update to our puzzle page, with new puzzles by lovely illustrator Haruyo Morita, as well as great new anime puzzles for fans of The Princess Mononoke, Captain Harlock and Card Captor Sakura
Remember that anytime you order more than 10 units of any of J-List's gum or snack items, as well as our collectible card items, you get a 15% discount. We've got lots of great items in stock, so check out the snack & card/puzzle pages now!