Well, we've got good news all around here. First, the large air conditioner here at J-List is back on-line, to the joyous rapture of everyone here. We were afraid the whole unit would need to be replaced, but it was only one circuit board. Kaori also got good news this week: both her car and her Strawberry iMac both came back, repaired. So things are looking up for us here.
Part of the fun of having kids is reliving your own childhood through their eyes. My son Kazuki became a fan of Gundam Wing while in the U.S., so I decided to break out my LD's of Zeta Gundam and watch them with all with my son. It's really "natsukashii" (er, nostalgic) to enjoy Zeta Gundam, one of the "formative" anime series that shaped my early Japanese Childhood -- that is, the childlike period of wonder and exploration a person goes through when they learn a second language. Now Kazuki and I have converted our Brio wooden train layout into a city for Gundams to battle in -- it's great for my Peter Pan syndrome.
For today's update, we've got some excellent items, including:
- First, great new magazines -- including the new issues of Penthouse and Penthouse Special. Penthouse is a wonderful Japanese magazine made completely with Japanese models and photographers, with excellent quality throughout.
- For fans of our single-issue Japanese backissues of popular magazines, we've got more copies of Urecco and some great issues of The Best, on the Magazine (backissues) page)
- By popular demand, we now carry the excellent Colorful Pure Girl, the "digital cute girl magazine, as a monthly reserve subscription" item -- see the magazine subscriptions pages for this item
- We've got several excellent photobooks, including the lovely Horikoshi Nori's first photobook, Cotton
- On the other side of the "tasteful eros" spectrum, we've got the new issue of BD Junkies, a great 160 page all color gouka-bon format book for fans of bondage & discipline
- We have three wonderful new videos from Soft on Demand, including two excellent "chin chin kenkyu" (study of penis by inexperienced young women) videos, as well as the excellent new Deep Kiss vol. 11, another great 90 minute special
- I'm a big fan of Japanese onsen (hot spring baths), and so I'm very happy to announce that J-List now sells three varieties of onsen bath powder for your bath. Based on famous hot springs in Japan, including Atami Onsen (near Mt. Fuji) and Kusatsu Onsen (right here in Gunma, where J-List is based), you can find these on the Trendy Goods page (on the anime master category)
- Finally, we've got another wacky, fun item -- a wooden plaque version of the "It is forbidden to urinate here" sticker that has sold so well. Hang it in your room and impress your future Japanese in-laws! (also on the Trendy Goods page)
J-List advertises in several anime and manga magazines, including Protoculture Addicts and Viz's Pulp. It's hard to know if our ads are effective, though. If you saw J-List as a result of ads in one of these magazines, will you shoot us an email and let us know? Thanks.