Alcohol is very important to social life in Japan. The Japanese even have a word for it: "nomunication, from nomu" (to drink) and "communication." Last week was the annual school show at my childrens' preschool, an incredible pageant in which the kids perform many acts for parents. After the show there was a raging drink party where parents could get drunk with the school staff, including the preschool teachers (some of whom are really hot, I can tell you). After months of preparations for the school show, the drink party was a Japanese way to say "Otsukare-sama deshita" (Thanks for your help) and cement relationships at the same time.
Drinking is so important in Japan, it's often required that you drink, at east in tiny sips, in order to enter certain groups. I've had several gaijin friends over the years who did not drink at all, and subsequently found getting along in Japan somewhat difficult and cold. If you don't want to drink in Japan, the rule is to keep your glass full. When someone comes by to fill your glass, touch it to your lips but only drink a tiny amount; then he can fill your glass for you, ad tradition demands. Also, there are alcoholic drinks with very little alcohol in them available, too. Foreigners who refuse to drink in some situations are in advertantly making it difficult for Japanese to approach and become close.
For tonight's update, we've posted the excellent Peach Princess bishojo games for preorder. These games will ship over the next couple of months, and you can reserve your copy by preordering it -- plus, we give you free shipping, too! See them on the new Peach Princess Hentai games page.
In addition to posting the PeaPri games, we've got our usual excellent bunch of Japanese stuff for you, including:
- Several great Japanese erotic magazines, including a new EX CD-ROM (magazine and CD ROM combo at a great price) and Iketeru Momo-jiri (ass fetish magazine)
- Also for magazine fans, we've got some very special back-issues of some premium magazines, featuring Tohno Natsuko and more -- see the Magazines page 2 and Photobooks pages before these items are sold
- We have more stock of the excellent "Body Poster Actress" featuring some of the most popular erotic AV stars in Japan
- Hentai fans should check out the in-stock issues of several hentai magazines we've posted, including the new E-Login, the #1 hentai magazine in Japan
- Like dojinshi? So do we, and there are several new single-issue dojinshi posted to the dojinshi page
- For our manga fans, we've got another excellent volley of manga for you, with a half-dozen all-new postings as well as fresh stock of some of our best titles
- DVD fans should check out Akina Rika's lovely "complete collection" DVD, with 120 minutes of performance by this lovely girl
- Also for DVD fans, a new "Lesbian File" with 2 hours of excellent Indies lesbian fun
- Ever wanted to date Morishita Kurumi? Now you can in her latest release from SOD, Private, in which you you become her virtual lover, go on dates, eat ice cream
- For anime fans, limited stock of a lovely doll figure from Graduation
- Like Pokemon and the other excellent shows from Japan, or know someone who does? Then check out the issues of Yochien we have posted -- this is a kid's magazine that is literally overflowing with toys, cardboard robots or masks, stickers, and more. Very fun and highly collectible
- New "Wacky" items from Japan tonight include a handy "idea pocket" (a wall pocket for storing all sorts of things), the world's greatest "white out pen" from Japan, the only utensil you'll need to fry fish, and the enigmatic "scale keychain" (only the Japanese could have thought of this)
- Finally, we've got a fresh infusion of Japanese snacks, with more stock of all "wata-gum" (cotton candy gum), sake-ame (with real sake in it!), kuro-ame (the surprisingly popular traditional Japanese sweet), Pocky, and more.
Okay, see ou on the web!