My five-year-old daughter Rina has reached a milestone: she's lost her first tooth, and now she looks like a Canadian hockey player. In Japan, when a child loses a tooth, it's customary to throw the tooth on the roof of your house (if the tooth was a lower tooth) and under your house (if the tooth was an upper tooth), so that strong and healthy teeth will grow in. The American custom of putting the tooth under the child's pillow so that the Tooth Fairy (ha no yousei) can come and take it away, replacing it with money, is totally unknown in Japan, but the idea delighted my daughter so much that we opted for the American custom this time around.
Japan is a pretty nice place, and like many foreigners, I like living here. Japanese are very friendly to us gaijini, and there are not too many hardships associated with living here. Although Japan has become more and more open to outside thing, from Doritos to Starbuck's, there are always some things that gaijin just can't seem to get easily in Japan. One are shoes: in Japanese stores, the largest shoe sizes kept in stock are 28 cm, around a size 10 in the U.S. Going skiing and renting ski boots is also a challenge for gaijin with larger feet. Fortunately I wear a size 26 1/2 cm shoe, so I can buy my shoes here. T-shirts in Japan are often "free size," which is the Japanese way of saying "one size fits all" or "this shirt will not fit you, gaijin, get your shirts sent from home like everyone else." Finally, an item that can be difficult to procure here in Japan are U.S. condoms. Japanese condoms are just fine, of course, but they're quite a bit thinner than most condoms in the U.S., and can feel smaller. Many gaijin can't use them (for the obviously reason) or aren't comfortable using them (for fear that they might provide less protection). By the way, Japanese condom use is the highest in the world, since the Pill was only recently legalized for sale in Japan -- it took just a few months for the Japan's male politicians to approve Viagra, but 30 years for the Pill.
Japan is going ape over a cute line of plush toys called "The Dog" (the Japanese like to attach "the" to words). A very high-quality line of plush toys designed and released by Japan's Tsuburaya (the company that brought you Ultraman, in case you wanted to know), these lovable plush dogs are "strange ratio," meaning that their heads are much too big for their bodies, resulting in an incredibly cute "super deformed" look that is just too cute. Details on each dog include soft skin, stitched noses that look and feel cool, like dog's noses, sad, pouting eyes, and cute little dog-bodies. They come with string so you can hang them anywhere, or display them, or carry them with you all the time. We've got these very cute items on the new Stuffed Animals pages, so check them out now. Full sets are also available.
For our Monday update, we've got a bunch of excellent items for you, including:
- First, some great new Japanese adult magazines for you, including the new issues of Shuffle, Gachinko Musume, and other nice amateur and kogal magazines
- For fans of low-cost magazines (and we know you're out there), we've got new magazines on magazine page 3, including some rare and lovely backissues of magazines from 2+ years ago
- We have several really nice new photobooks for you, including the very erotic hardcover nude photobook of Harumi Hitose
- If you love Japan's sexy Race Queens and Campaign Girls, see the new Racq Queen Magazine ("Can Gal Magazine"), a super sexy photobook featuring all the best RQ's in Japan today
- We have some rare hentai game and anime art books that are very cool, and will prove to be very hard to find if you don't pick them up soon
- We have fresh hentai manga in stock, including some very nice offerings by Japan's professional adult manga-ka (manga artists)
- J-List carries the biggest selection of quality Japanese erotic DVDs you will find, and we've got more items for you, starting with a fantastic new erotic performance by Ai Nagase (who is Tomo's favorite girl) (region free)
- Bunko Kanazawa has done some of her best erotic work with Soft on Demand, and now they're reissued her "Tekoki Lewd Woman" release at a great new price (region free)
- For those interested in not just "tekoki" (hand job) but love as well, check out the new romantic/erotic offering from Deep's (region free)
- A very special item for fans of the lovely Aika Miura, courtesy of Moodyz, a great bukkake & zamen fetish DVD for collectors
- Finally, the new M's Video Group and Waap Entertainment combination DVDs have proven to be an amazing seller, and we've got more on order since the ones we had sold out. We've got a new item for you, the very special Encylopedia of Semen 2001 by Waap and MVG!
- On our plus & stuffed animal pages, we've got the above-mentioned incredibly cute plush series called "The Dog" (both individual and full sets are in stock).
- For fans of Japanese snacks and food, we've got several new items for you including delicious tamago and nori (egg and seaweed) furikake that's great for kids, real Japanese miso soup of "nama" (raw) type (real miso, not freeze-dried), rare Sesami Street cookies, and chocolate strawberries on a stick
- Also: successor to the incredible hit product Black Black, the caffinated spicy gum with menthol that keeps you awake, we've got Black Black Candy!
- For fans of the hit Rumiko Takahashi we've got a very cool line of Inuyasha display figures which are very detailed and come with their own stands
- For fans of Licca-chan, the cute fashion doll from Takara that is the demure, cute and innocent "anti-Barbie," we've got some cute Licca stickers
- For Godzilla fans, a cool Godzilla vs. three monsters playset that is really nifty
- Finally, find many other cool items, including fresh stock of loose socks "socks glue" to hold up your loose socks, limited stock of our popular "Lunchon" non-cute bento box, fresh stock of the Evangelion Kubrick cute anime toys, and much more!
We're having a special this month on our licensed "doujin-soft" CD-ROMs, which are collections of CG artwork collected from Japanese hentai illustrators at the Comic Market, the mecca of Japan's underground doujinshi culture. We think these collections are great for all collectors of adult computer graphics artwork, and so we're giving free shipping (in the US/Canada) this month. Among the really nice titles we recommend are the Borderline series, the Creamy Angel bukkake CG series, Light Up! (a fun rock-paper-scissors game for Mac/Windows), and of course the classic hentai Evangelion CG collection, Dream World II.