First of all, a note about the site. There's a temporary problem with our secure certificate which is causing browser errors when you try to check out. We're working on the problem and should have it fixed soon, but you can still check out normally through the site (just ignore the errors). Or if you like, you can use the secure email form at https://www.jastusa.com/Merchant2/contact.mv? to give us your order until the problem is fixed.
Poor Yasu. Two nights ago a thief broke into his car and stole his wallet containing $200 in cash, as well as some other valuables. What's more, the person used his bank card to withdraw all the money from his account (his card PIN was set to his birthday, never a good idea). Fortunately there was only $200 in the account, but it still shook him up pretty bad -- however, considering the fact that you can withdraw up to $10,000 through Japanese ATMs, it was good that he didn't have any more money in the bank. A year ago, someone broke into Kaori's car and stole her stereo, too. Famous for years as one of the world's safest places, with very little crime, the ongoing recession here is unfortunately changing this part of Japan for the worse. The liquor shop that my parents run has been robbed three times in the past six years, too, each time netting several thousand dollars. It's really disappointing, and we hope things turn around soon.
Despite the trends in crime in Japan, Japan is generally a happy, harmonious place, where most people have a built-in sense of "joshiki" or common sense, i.e. a unified idea of the way things should be done. Kids all go to school and study (there is no homeschooling in Japan), husbands are the "daikoku-bashira," the large black pillars that support the family by working, supported by their wives, who keep the family running smoothly and control household finances. With so much homogeneity, though, there is the problem of the Tyranny of the Majority at times, which manifests itself in small ways. In Japan, there are almost no vegetarians, and foreigners who want to live vegetarian often have trouble "getting along" in Japan as nearly everything here contains something that was made from animals. There are many Mormon missionaries in Japan, who aren't allowed to drink beverages with caffeine in them, but in Japan, everything has caffeine, period. In Japan, too, most people love milk with 3.7 per cent milk fat or higher -- it's thick and delicious, they say. When I came to Japan in 1992, it was very hard to find low fat (1%) milk without searching several stores. Now, low fat milk is generally available, but non-fat milk (which I like, when I can get it) is impossible to find. The "majority" just doesn't want it, so no one produces it.
We have tons of cool items for you today, including:
- First, we sold out of the popular Studio Ghibli region 2 DVD players yet again, but managed to get another ten units just in time. They are on the site now, but they are still going fast. If you're looking for an incredibly unique DVD player for watching region 2 discs, Mr. Miyazaki at Studio Ghibli has designed the perfect item for you! Incidentally we found a few features of this player that we forgot to mention, including a full English menu mode, CD audio playback, and Dolby and DTS sound support. Also, we've posted translations of the remote control and manual for our customers who aren't fluent in Japanese.
- Also, we've restocked our popular Lasonic DVD players in our office in San Diego, after our stock got quite low -- these players are portable, take up very little space, and can be easily set to any DVD region via the remote control (including a "region 0" that plays all discs)
- For anime and toy fans, some cool new items, including three beautiful soft vinyl figurines of Gin Rei from the Giant Robo anime (very sexy)
- Also, new Kubrick items, including the brand new Kubrick Trigun figures, as well as "blank" Kubrick figures that you can get creative with
- We've got new nice photobooks of Japanese idols, like the hardcover photobook of Mika Sakamoto, so charming and pretty
- For fans of Domo-kun, the odd little brown guy that is the Spokesmonster of NHK, Japan's national broadcasting system, we've got a cool phone strap/keychain for you
- Fans of our Japanese snacks and gum can check out the newly posted items, including milk candy, delicious summer "Poifull" (a kind of gummi jelly bean), and the first ever gummi calcium we've carried
- We've restocked several Japanese chewing gum items, and also added a delicious Ramune soda flavored gum that's really fizzy!
- If you're an aficionado of Japan's sumo wrestling, we have stock of a cool collectible card series that has all the famous wrestlers
- We've got some cool Hello Kitty items, including a very nice "pacchin bracelet" that snaps around anything, your wrist or ankle -- and it's so cute
- Also, another dynamite item for newlyweds, a Hello Kitty and Daniel and "keep forever" vase that is just beautiful
- Finally, see a funky ice cube stick tray, a neat organizer for your closet, some great ways to massage your feet, funky wooden Japanese message signs and more!
For our adult customers, we've got many new 18+ products, including:
- For fans of the top-quality magazines published by Eichi Publishing, we've got the new issue of Bejean, filled to the brim with beautiful Japanese AV idols
- Also, several new issues of amateur and "hitozuma" (married woman) fetish magazines for you
- We have several nice photobooks, including leg fetish and nude hardcover works by Atsuko Okamoto and the lovely Junnai
- There's a DVD and magazine combination "Complete Works of Ai Nagase" that's very nice, great for fans of her long career in indies adult video (region 2)
- Also, a bold item, a medical fetish photobook that features incredible artistic photographs shot in the style of the early 20th century
- We've got in two more Japanese bishoujo games that come with art books from the series, great for fans and collectors of bishoujo games in Japanese
- We've also restocked some of our popular hentai art books, including Yui Shop, the X-Change and Tokimeki Check in art book, and the very popular La Blue Girl illustrations books
- For manga collectors, many top-flight items for you, including the dynamite Splady Casty, an incredible manga by the creator of the Vaginass series, and much more
- If you've ever wanted to hold the lovely Ai Kurosawa in your arms, you can, with the new inflatable Love Pillow (called a "Dutch Wife" in Japanese), that is fully functional!
- For DVD collectors, some excellent new titles for you, starting with a super Anna Ohura DVD (!) with 180 minutes of her high-quality cosplay erotic performance! (region free)
- Another must-buy title is the Very Best of Million, with 240 minutes of great sampler footage (region free)
- From Soft on Demand, Nao Oikawa plays as the "Beauty Female Doctor in Obscene Horrible Ward," a new production for her fans (region free)
- Another "penis study" DVD, in which naive girls see and touch mens' penises for the first time (region free)
- An excellent *4 hour* amateur erotic DVD from Yellow Box is also in stock, with great gals for you
- For region 2 DVD collectors, enjoy the very best of "gokkun" (swallowing) fetish by the mighty Waap, with many lovely AV actresses performing on this disc (region free)
- Finally, a large restock of DVDs, including fresh stock of the Big Morkal DVD Anthology, Super Angle of Manko with Mirai Hoshizaki, Ai Nagase Remix, Hotaru Aki's "The Idol" DVD, and much more!
The J-Mate site was down for a day or so due to a server error, sorry about. It's back up, and with a new interview for fans of the lovely Kyoka Usami, one of my personal favorites. Remember that we're very interested in receiving reviews of products for J-Mate, so if you have something you want to review for others, please contact us! The J-Mate site is at http://www.jmate.com/