We're having fun in San Diego, relaxing and generally recharging our batteries. The weather has been great, as is not uncommon in America's Finest City -- it's balmy outside right now, and I'm not cold at all in jeans and a T-shirt. Later today, we're going to go bicycle riding along Mission Bay with the kids. Doing outdoor sports around Christmas is great fun, and not something you'd find people doing in Japan. San Diego's population is always steadily on the rise, as people come here once and find out what a great place it is, and make plans to move here.
It's always funny to see little differences between America and Japan. My daughter has a little problem with lazy eye, and we've taken her to several Japanese doctors to see what can be done about the problem. Just for good measure, we took her to an American doctor, who showed her some pictures and asked her to identify them, so he could check her vision. The pictures included basic objects like a telephone, a shoe and so on, but they looked so odd, at least to my daughter, that she couldn't identify them, making the doctor think her vision was seriously impaired. Turns out, it was just a case of difference in culture and upbringing, and her eyes are fine.
Recently I was asked how Japanese feel about black men. It's an interesting question, and quite a complex one. Because most black men in Japan are there with the U.S. Armed Forces, I would say that some of the characteristics of military men in general may be unfairly attributed to black men as a group. In one of the translated interviews on J-Mate (www.jmate.com) Mai Hagiwara had written something about a black man hitting on her in a bar. "Should I be happy about this or worried?" she had written. I've received mail from a black reader who was offended by this, but I think Mai-chan's response is quite representative of most Japanese of her generation -- she was thrilled and a little nervous at the "mystique" of having a black man take interest in her, and maybe a little scared at the extra "foreignness" of the man over, say, a white gaijin. Of course there is some racism in Japan, as in all countries, and it's true that there might be a barrier for a black man wanting to marry into a Japanse family -- but as with all things, it depends on the individuals involved. It's always good to keep in mind that you're not dating/marrying the country of Japan itself, but an individual, who has her own set of beliefs and values.
For the new update, we've got many special items from Japan for you,
- First, we've got some nice items for Hello Kitty fans, including new items for babies, a cute all-purpose Kitty bag, fun Kitty body stickers, and more
- For anyone wanting to learn to draw like Japanese illustrators we've got a fun "how to draw funny character" book
- For collectors of high-end Japanese figures, see the great Oni Musha samurai figure in stock -- very cool!
- Also very cool, we've got new BE@RBRICK toys in stock for you
- For Lupin III fans, we've got stock of the dynamite Lupin the Third high-end figures with dozens of poseable joints
- If you loved Ultraman as a child, we've got the ultimate set of super Ultraman figures, including a staggering 28 different toys to play with
- Sun Arrow makes the very best plush and other toys from Japan, and we've got new Spirited Away and Totoro keychain we've gotten in stock -- see these before they sell out
- J-List loves the Tomica toy cars from Japan, excellent die-cast metal replicas of famous Japanese cars. See the new toy Japanese police car
we've got in stock for you
- Like rare things from Japan? We've got a plush Japanese train keychain that's really unique and cool
- Also for Tokyo Mew Mew fans, we've got a great new figure series, a very nice item for you to collect
- For fans of Japanese candy and snacks, enjoy Choco Baby, delicious Gundam cookies with stickers inside, tasty Rock Choco, as well as freshly restocked delicious treats from Japan
- J-List carries great region free DVD players from our San Diego office, and we've got limited stock (exactly two) of the great high-end player from Sampo with Progressive Scan (but they will go fast)
- Finally, see more Japanese New Year's items which you can use to decorate your home in traditional Japanese style.
For our adult customers, we've got many new 18+ products. They include:
- First, for fans of adult Japanese magazines, we've got some great items for you, including Harem King
- Also for fans of rare American, European and Russian gals, enjoy the new issue of Bachelor
- For photobook collectors, enjoy several new hardcover photobooks, including the nude loveliness of Mai Haruna, Fuuka Sakurai's lovely erotic offering, the erotic body of Noriko Midorikawa, and more
- Also, a superb erotic work for fans of Anna Ohura, a great item for fans of Japan's bondage themes
- If you love Japan's erotic comics, we've got some very nice new ones in stock for you -- please check the newly posted items
- For DVD collectors, J-List has some excellent items for you, starting with a dynamite new erotic offering for fans of Rio Sannomiya with lots of fantasy cosplay for your enjoyment (region free)
- Then, enjoy the erooy the erotic performance of Mina Moroboshi, a startlingly beautiful AV actress, in a new Blue File release, with 3 hours of her best work for you (region all)
- Another great erotic release, Ultracrazy for Tail, featuring more "sex in the dark" filmed with special night vision cameras, from SOD (region free)
- Also from Soft on Demand, enjoy a new exploration of masochism starring the lovely Nanami Nanase (region free)
- The Romanian gymnastics team has a unique treat for you -- a soft porn DVD offering that J-List has received many requests for (region free)
- From Moodyz, see the excellent and very erotic Sex Wars, an interesting release of bukkake and leather play, great for fans (region 2)
- For fans of Mirai Hoshizaki and Nao Oikawa, enjoy a new VIP Shower bukkake release from Waap (region 2)
- Finally, we've got fresh stock of some excellent adult DVD titles for you, so check out the great items today.
Remember that J-List sells virtually all English-language bishoujo games (interactive love simulation games) from companies like Peach Princess, G-Collections and more. Several titles are available for preorder, too, allowing you to reserve the game and be one of the first to get it when they are released. And you get free shipping (half price shipping for international customers), too! If you pay with credit card, we'll hold the order until the game you've ordered is ready to ship out to you -- of course nothing is ever charged to any credit card for preorder or out of stock items until the item is in stock and ready to be shipped.
At J-List, we carry the whole line of unique Japanese chewing gum from companies like Lotte and Glico. Some of our most popular items are Lotte's "Black Black" (menthol gum with caffeine, it will keep you awake!), delicious Sweetie (grapefruit) gum, and a fun item, Fruit of the Bubble, with "lucky" gumballs hidden in the package. Check out all these items on our Japanese snack pages!