My favorite English newspaper in Japan is the Daily Yomiuri, the English paper put out by the Yomiuri Shimbun. I especially like it because every day they insert pages from internationally famous newspapers such as the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, the Chicago Tribune and the Independent, a U.K. newspaper. It's always interesting reading about the various goings-on in each corner of the world, from local politics and letters to the editor to discussions of recent world events.
I remember reading through old Saint Seiya manga, back at SDSU in the 80's, and wondering why the Japanese always write the blood type of each character along with their name, age and astrological sign. In Japan, it's believed that you can tell a lot about a person's personality and character traits from his blood type. Type A people are neat, tidy, and plan things meticulously, almost to a fault. Type B are "going my way" (as the Japanese say), meaning that they do their own thing without worrying about what others think, and don't plan things out in advance. They can be messy, and tend to act on impulse (I am B, and my wife is always commenting on why do some things I do based on my blood type). Type O people have a private imaginary world inside their minds, supposedly, and they're quick to become passionate about something, but then change to something else just as easily. Type O people make good leaders. Finally, AB have "two faces," one that they use in front of some people and another one they keep to themselves. I've met a lot of foreigners who didn't know what their own blood type is, and this usually surprised Japanese people -- here, a person's blood type is a part of what they are, like height or hair color. The Japanese blood type beliefs are hard to get used to at first, but when you live here long enough, you start thinking there might be something to them after all...
The J-List office expansion is coming along nicely. Today was the official raising of the roof in the new section being added to our current office, and in Japan you have a Shinto ceremony on that day to bless the building and pray for good luck for those who will occupy it. Sake, salt and rice were sprinkled in each corner of the addition, and a prayer was said by the foreman overseeing the construction. We look forward to using this new space to bring you even more wonderful things from Japan in the months to come.
For the new update, we've got some excellent products from Japan for you. They include:
- First, for Japanese snack lovers, we've got another volley of cool items, including Crunk White Chocolate, Japanese vitamin C candy and delicious blueberry cheesecake pretzels -- yum
- Also, traditional Japanese ochazuke, tasty seaweed, green tea and other things you put on white rice, then pour boiling water over the whole thing and eat like a wholesome soup
- For lovers of famous Japanese swimsuit idols like Chinatsu Wakatsuki, Harumi Nemoto, Yoko Matsugane and Megumi, we've got a superb issue of Jelly-B!
- Also, we've restocked the excellent Hyper Product Revolution, featuring a great sampling of beautiful swimsuit idols from Japan including Yuko Ogura (!)
- We've got a great item for fans of The Dog, the cute big-nosed dog characters from Japan -- Kubrick The Dog figures from Medicom! They're so cute won't be able to resist them, and we've got them all in stock now!
- For Hello Kitty fans, a great "save the goldfish" game that's very Japanese, and other cool Sanrio items including the excellent Hello Kitty mayonnaise containers
- Also, fresh stock of the popular Hello Kitty USB hub -- plug your keyboard in and Kitty types along on her keyboard, copying you!
- For fans of Hamtaro, we've got some super cute hamster erasers for your little ones (or you)
- Blythe fans will love the Blythe anniversary phone straps, which can be used as camera straps or as key holders as well
- For fans of Totoro, we've restocked several plush toys, soft dolls, and the popular Totoro magnet set
- Also, look for fresh stock of the super cute Nyanko Restaurant plush toys that are so cool
- For fans of rare toys, we've got an original Milk-chan super figure, great for fans of this cult character
- We love handy things from Japan, and we've got a handy pill case for anyone taking medication that's just perfect
- At J-List, we carry many items to help you study Japanese, and we've got a great new item in: kanji quiz toilet paper, a very cool item that lets you study Japanese in the most unlikely of places
- The sets of Japanese toy Shinkansen (bullet trains) we had sold out in record time, so we've gotten more in stock for you
- We've restocked the Cup Noodle coffee cups, a very popular item that makes a great gift, too
- Also, a really cool item from Japan, the Mi-ke Neko (three colored cat) clocks that feature a beautiful traditional Japanese image and a great clock for your room
- Finally, look for a great Korean bath mit, more funny Japanese signs, Japanese Buddhist incense, and more!
For our adult customers, we've got many new 18+ products. They include:
- First, we're proud to announce a new game from G-Collections, Come See Me Tonight ~ Watashini Konya Ainikite, a superb English-translated hentai game for fans of Japan's dating-sim adventure games
- For fans of Japanese amateurs and kogals, we've got a great new magazine for you, Purin-Tai (Pudding Army) that's filled with lovely Japanese girls for you
- Japan's fascination with beautiful women of America and Europe is well known, and there are several magazines published here that cater to gaijin women -- we've got the new issue of Dick, guaranteed to feature lovely girls who will blow you away
- We love Japan's excellent hardcover photobooks and have gotten several great ones in stock, including Nao Oikawa Portraits (photographed by the famous Seiichi Nomura) and the delicious first photobook of Yumi Kurisu
- For fans of full-figured ladies, see the photobook of Minagi Usagi, now in stock
- Also, fresh stock of several popular photobook and other items, including Ryoko Mitake's "Love Love" and the beautiful "Moon Flower" photobook by Nao Oikawa
- For hentai manga collectors, we've got a great update for you with many new works in stock, including female hentai artists's romantic take on sex (Raspberry Love), an all "naughty tentacle" anthology comic, and the superb Capricious of You by Yukio Yukimino
- We love Japan's famous bishoujo ("pretty girl") games, and have a great hentai art book from Utagoe Revolution
- Also, enjoy fresh stock of the excellent "Girl's Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall" illustration photobook, which is just great
- For DVD collectors, we've got some great items for you today, starting with Riho Nanase's 4 hour special -- 240 minutes of her erotic hardcore sex (region free)
- Enjoy a super combination of Maria Yumeno and Anna Ohura in an erotic 200 minute disc from V&R Planning, great for breast fetish fans! (region free)
- From SOD, a 2-in-1 DVD featuring "bukkake cat fight" and much more (region free)
- A major fetish in Japan is shiofuki, or making women "spout" (have a wet orgasm). See a great Best Shiofuki DVD by Deep's (region free)
- Moodyz brings us a new Dream Woman series in which a "gorgeous actress meets semen shower" -- see the stylish and elegant An Namba in this great title (region 2)
- Then enjoy a superb 2-DVD release which brings you the very best of Nao Oikawa, 240 minutes of her most erotic works ever, not to be missed! (region 2)
- Finally, look for several restocked DVD titles, including Hitomi Hayasaka's popular Ultra Mix, the erotic Campaign Girl Party, and Sakura Sena's best-selling DVD titles.
Remember that J-List stocks over 100 kinds of Japanese snack items, with such popular products as Pocky, Black Black caffeine gum (recently mentioned in Wired), and one of our favorite items, Sushi Gummi, little gummi sushi pieces (fruit-flavored, not fish-flavored) sitting on marshmallow "rice." Another cool item we've been happy to make available are small keychain mascots of famous Japanese traditional icons, like the bright red Daruma, the Maneki-neko (Inviting Cat, who invites money into your house), and more. There's always something fun for you at J-List. Order 10 or more of most items and get 15% off automatically.
Also, don't forget that our $1 shipping sale on T-shirts is going on right now. We've got a 18 different bizarre and fun Japanese T-shirts, all 100% cotton and printed in the U.S. J-List goes out of its way to make sure all customers can wear our wacky original T-shirts, and we stock men's small all the way up to 3XL (many other T-shirt are only available in size M-XL). Check out our cool selection of wacky shirts today!