It's Friday in Japan, and I'm taking a rare day off to take my wife and son to Kyoto for the weekend. Kyoto is the ancient capital of Japan, and is one of the most beautiful places in the country, with thousands of years of history, famous temples, breathtaking castles, and more. I've been to Kyoto half a dozen times in the 12 years I've lived in Japan, and never get tired of it, but I realized that I'd never brought my son to see the city. He loves samurai dramas on television, and I'm sure he'll be impressed with going to the actual places and seeing the real thing. My favorite places in Kyoto include Nijo Castle (the castle used by Ieyasu Tokugawa, Shogun of Japan), Ryoan-ji (the most famous rock garden in Japan), Kiyomizu Temple (nearly destroyed by Godzilla in a few of his movies), Kinkaku-ji ("The Golden Pavillion" that was burned down in 1950 by an insane Buddhist priest), and Sanjusangendo Temple, where 1,000 gold-plated wooden statues from Buddhist tradition stand in peace (supposedly, you can find your own face among them if you look). Also, near Kyoto are the Byodo-in (the temple that appears on the back of a Japanese ten yen coin, a real treat) and in Nara, Todaiji, the largest wooden building in the world, which houses the largest bronze statue of Buddha in the world.
There's another reason we're going to Kyoto, one that doesn't have much to do with temples or shrines: the Art of Star Wars exhibition is playing at the Kyoto National Museum, and the only way I can go see it is to go down there while it's still showing. I missed out on the cool Star Wars exhibitions that played in various American cities over the past few years, but I'm not going to miss this one!
A major challenge for men learning Japanese is to avoid picking up the nuances of women's speech, but since we're often learning from female teachers or girlfriends or wives, a lot of the input we receive is from females. There are many specific phrases that make up "female" Japanese, such as tag particles on the ends of sentences ("ne" or "kashira" on the ends of sentences, both of which mean "Isn't it?" or "Don't you?"), or using first-person pronouns that only females use ("atashi" instead of the more usual "boku"). If you learn too much female Japanese, you sound like you're gay. To balance myself out while learning Japanese back at college, I read lots of Fist of the North Star manga, which pushed me in the other direction, making me talk like a ridiculous parody of a macho man. When learning a language, there's no substitute for having native speaking friends of both sexes who can provide feedback to you. One great resource for me at SDSU was the Japan-America Friendship Club, a group where Japanese learning English and all students interested in Japanese could mingle and make friends. I wonder if it's still around?
Before I duck out of here for our Shinkansen trip to Kyoto, we've got some
great new products for you. They include:
- First, for fans of Domo-kun, who ate up our offerings last time, we've got some more cool Domo-kun toys for you, including a super deluxe giant Domo-kun plush friend, and a very detailed PVC keychain that's very cool
- For fans of die-cast cars from Japan, enjoy a boxed set of two police cars from Tokyo's famous Wangan area, very authentic and cool
- For fans of ultimately cute things, check out the Digi Charat highly detailed magnet/pin figures we've got
- For fans of snacks from Japan, enjoy several items, including Calpis soft candy (yum), hot barbecue potato chips from Chip Star, dried squid and more
- Also, some old-style Japanese lemonade, great for the summer, made with Hiroshima lemons
- If you love wacky Hello Kitty stuff, we've got a totally fun Kitty Block Stamp Case, which holds your official Japanese name stamp (if you have one), or else just display it since it's so cool
- Morning Musume, the cute team of JPOP idols, is a major force of cute culture throughout Japan -- we've gotten fresh stock of the hardcover photobook of Rika Ishikawa, one of their cutest members
- Also, enjoy fresh stock of Harumi Nemoto's bold and sexy photobook "Marvelous"
- Want to relax? Try the special foot pads we've got in stock -- stick them to your feet and feel the tiredness flow out of your body
- We've got more wacky notebooks from Japan with laughable English on them ("This memo is easier for you to carry. Besides, it's useful for you")
- Also, great for summer, more Inviting Cat wind chimes which are beautiful and sound great
- Finally, look for more candy and cooking items from Japan, Bon Curry boil in bag curry (non-spicy), healthy miso soup, health masks that you can wear when you have a cold, and more
For our adult customers, we've got many new 18+ products. They include:
- For fans of Japan's highly developed hentai dating-sim games, a real treat: the first "sexual training game" in English. You are responsible for training a trio of sexually frustrated housewives, with many detailed attributes for each girl (sensitivity, obedience, anal training) rising and falling depending on your skill with them. Can you satisfy the beautiful wives and find the happiness you seek? In stock and shipping now -- no waiting!A great new game of sexual training from G-Collections, Hitozuma Hime Club
- We love Japan's beautiful and erotic magazines, and have the new issue of Urecco Gal for you, filled with stylish Japanese AV stars decked out as kogals
- Then enjoy some amateur kogal action with Senningiri (which means "Girls who have had sex with over 1000 guys ")
- Following this, we've got great leg, mini-skirt and stocking fetish fun for you with the new Minisuka Deluxe, a square-backed magazine that is loaded with quality -- features Asuka Sawaguchi, Akira Watase, and the super Cocolo
- For photobook fans, we've got a new stylized erotic photobook featuring Aoi Sola in some truly timeless photos
- Then enjoy some first-class Japanese bondage in a new Girls in Bondage S&M photobook
- We've got top-quality Japanese erotic manga, with several new offerings including the Victorian era maid fetish of Contents C and the very erotic "Beautiful and Talented" comic by Yasuhara Tsukasa
- Also, fresh stock of several popular manga titles, like Dokkin Sister Minako and the very erotic Tokyo Pop
- For yaoi fans, a major restocking of some of our most popular Muscle Man comics
- If you love Japanese hentai games, we've restocked the Viper GTB art book, loaded with artwork and data from the popular game
- For DVD fans, some great titles for you, starting with a very erotic offering of Asuka Sawaguchi's strictly selected best works (region free)
- Then enjoy some quality lesbian action in "Lesbian Cunnilingus" (region free)
- Three stylish Sistas delight you with their sweet sex -- includes the slender and beautiful Rina Usui, one of my personal faves (region free)
- Then enjoy 4 hours of coplay sex action, with anime, stewardess, police woman, and much more, all included for you (region free)
- Then, find many restocked DVD titles for you, including the return of Asumi Kawashima, Lesbian Max 4 Hours vol. 2, The Lingerie (famous AV stars wearing erotic lingerie for your pleasure), the best bukkake of Waap Entertainment, and more!
Remember that J-List's famous Japanese T-shirts, with bizarre messages like "Beware of Perverts" and "I'm proud of my sexual power," are in stock and available for immediate shipping from our San Diego warehouse. All shirts are printed in the U.S. and all are full American sizes. If you're unsure what size you are, note that you can easily check the sizes of our shirts in inches or centimeters -- just look for the "Shirt size" link below each shirt. This is great for our customers outside the U.S. who may not be sure what their size is in U.S. sizes. If you buy 3 or more of these cool shirts, you get an automatic 10% off through the shopping cart, too.